Our Mission and Vision
The Vision of the University at Buffalo School of Social Work:
The diverse community of UB’s School of Social Work is unified by our vision of a better society achieved through the generation and transmission of knowledge, promotion of social justice, and service to humanity.
The Mission of the University at Buffalo School of Social Work:
In our teaching, research, and service we strive to:
- educate future social workers who will lead the profession regionally, nationally and internationally
- facilitate critical inquiry into and analysis of the causes and consequences of social problems and injustice;
- produce innovative, theoretically-based and empirically-sound means of alleviating and rectifying such problems and injustices through policy and practice;
- provide professional leadership in resolving critical social, economic, and political challenges;
- be responsive and responsible members of our university, regional, national, and global communities; and
- honor the inherent dignity, rights, and strengths of all individuals,
families, and communities.